No. This picture was not taken at night. And, yes, this is what many of the days have looked like lately. So, being Thanksgiving and all, as I stand here contentedly munching my hay, it occurs to me that I am thankful.
1) I am thankful that it only rained a quarter of an inch last night instead of and inch and a quarter.
2) I am thankful the pond stayed where it was instead of bypassing the drain and frolicking down the hill to the neighbor's house all by itself. It shouldn't be out alone.
3) I am glad the goatmother's basement didn't flood again. It is unsightly having the hose running down into our pasture, not to mention it makes things even soggier.
4) I am thankful the wind hasn't gone beyond 49 miles per hour even though we reaped the benefits in downed Madroña limbs and leaves. Yum. Okay. I'm thankful for those.
5) I am thankful that sometimes Ella sleeps and I actually have a chance to get at the food once in awhile. Plus I am glad (occasionally) for Boo's size since it gives me something to get behind during Ellaesque onslaughts.
6) I am glad I 'm the middle goat and thus have someone smaller than me to butt.
7) I am glad I am fast. Really. I can snatch things up before the others even begin to think about it.
8) And the top reason I am thankful? PEANUTS! (Kinda' goes without saying doesn't it?)