... when you don't have anything to say? What?! Marigold with nothing to say? That isn't possible, is it? Well, I suppose it is. On occasion. I've been really busy. Eating. And searching for Peanuts. Well, maybe waiting for Peanuts is a more apt description. And pondering. I've been pondering a lot. Mostly about what to say.
Anyway, the Goatmother and Goatfather recently went out for Chinese food and did not invite me. However, it got me to thinking about Fortune Cookies. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because I'm bored, but anyway, that is what I was thinking about. And then I began to think wouldn't it be wonderful if you got fortunes in Peanuts? I mean just think of it. Crack open that shell and there it is! A recipe for life. Or not. Might depend on whether you eat the Peanut shell and all, but I'm just pointing out that the possibility is there.
'So what kind of fortunes would be good?', I thought to myself. And myself answered, 'Well things that are relevant to goats, of course, you ninny.' (Myself tends to get out of line sometimes and I am forced to butt it back into shape.) So anyway, first I thought it would be a really good idea to put in a few fortunes that Alpines might find relevant. These, naturally, would be put into the smallest Peanuts. This isn't because I'm stingy. Really. It is just that Alpines tend to subscribe to the Wal-Mart Principle - quantity instead of quality, and gain by volume. So here are a few I thought might be good:
1) Something you lost will soon turn up. Or not, since if you lost it, I will have found it by now.
2) Be mischievous and you will not be lonesome. Instead you will be left completely alone.
3) Don't ask, don't say. Everything lies in silence. So be quiet.
4) Fame, riches and romance are yours for the asking. But not Peanuts. They are for the rest of us.
5) A friend is a present you give yourself. So give yourself to yourself and leave the rest of us alone for a change.
And then I thought it might be nice to include a few fortunes the Nubians could benefit from:
1) You will soon remember who you are and what you were doing. Maybe.
2) It takes more than good memory to have good memories. Either way you are in trouble.
3) Intelligence is the door to freedom and alert attention is the mother of intelligence. I am so sorry for your loss.
4) You will not be alarmed by hats.
5) When you look down, all you see is dirt, so keep looking up. But not too far up or you will fall down.
Then there should be at least a few fortunes included for the rest of us. Things like:
1) You will have unexpected great good luck. All the Peanuts will come to you.
2) There is a true and sincere friendship between you and your friends. One which causes them to want to give all their Peanuts to you.
3) Your everlasting patience will be rewarded sooner or later. You bet your sweet bippy it will.
4) Something you lost will soon turn up. Probably that Peanut that fell as a result of the Alpine Picky Snit that has somehow managed to remain spit free and clean.
5) As the Peanut Jar is emptied, the heart is filled. And so is the stomach.
Oy So, Grasshopper.