“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Say It Isn't So!

Oh, no, no, no, No, NOOOOOOOOO!

Please, God. Say it isn't so. Say I don't have to dooooo this.

You see, first we had to put up with those stupid ducks. Every year they appear. They hang out and then they have babies that swim around in the pond. It is enough to make a goat mad. Really. All that quacking and waddling interrupts the naps, completely disrupts good digestion, disturbs the peace and tranquility, impedes proper grazing. You name it. It's all just Too MUCH to endure. I believe I am quickly approaching a state of non-compost mentis, (which I believe means one's brain resembles sawdust, but what do I know?) At any rate, I suppose Boo has been in this state for some time and still manages to get around. Maybe it's not sooo bad.

Anyway, what you see below is the cause of all my consternation. The ducks were ENOUGH. Do you hear that, God? THE DUCKS WERE ENOUGH! Now we are forced to put up with the constant honking. (Not to mention the fact that goose poop is in no way as refined as goat berries.) One can only hope they are just passing through and WILL NOT decide to have a gaggle or some similar atrocity . Oy.


Still, I suppose they have a right to go where they want, and we DO have the best pond around. Hey. Am I a Saint or what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a pip as my Granny would say,too funny..

Kathryn and Ari said...

Oy is right. These brazen avians are just too much. We have a miserable band of guinnea hens squawking fear into the hearts of everyone here at caninaturalist center. Good luck, Marigold. May your resolve serve you well.