“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Friday, March 2, 2007

The Great Escape

This is THE HOLE. Ella has been digging THE HOLE in the dry dirt of the barn floor next to the door of the inner -sanctum. The inner-sanctum is the holy grail of goats. The place wherein lies all the hay, the grain and ALL the peanuts! Every day the goatmother takes the shovel and refills THE HOLE. Every day Ella redigs THE HOLE.

I must admit that the rest of us are somewhat fascinated with THE HOLE. We step into it, sniff around, taste the delicious dryness of the earth. I find myself somewhat in a quandary, however, as to the Alpine's reasoning in this matter. Is she trying to get out? Is she trying to get in? But mostly I wonder just who she thinks is going to be thin enough to fit down into THE HOLE, and then who could possibly become flat enough to fit under the building to get out? Location really is everything.

1 comment:

The Sweet Pea said...

Dear Goatmother,
we alpines do these things
just to make you wonder!!
We think this is great fun and very entertaining.
I think Ella wants to come in and visit you and the Goatfather.....maybe sit on the couch for a bit and check things out.
When I get to visit on the
inside of my goat momma's
house, I love making a run into the bedroom where there's a full length mirror! I move my head from side to side and think,
" what a great looking capricorn " ! I am generally a very good girl and try really hard to not chew on houseplants or leave evidence that I was there.
So, maybe this is helpful....maybe it is not helpful!
The Sweet Pea