“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Monday, January 25, 2010

Who Knew?


Here I am looking out at the drowning rain. It has rained a lot this year. I mean A LOT. They say it is an El Niño year. The kid? What's up with that? Well, maybe the guy who named this kind of year had to change a lot of diapers that year. I can't be sure.

Anyway, we are over our normal monthly rain total for January. I'm not really very happy about that because it means I've had to spend a lot of time in the barn with Ella. But, Good Goat! This is supposed to be the 'Banana Belt' of Washington, the 'Rain Shadow' and all that. Still I suppose we aren't getting as much rain as those poor blighters over in Seattle. I think they passed their normal monthly total a looooong time ago. I guess one should be thankful for small favors.

However the rain isn't the only thing that has gone over it's limit. Let's talk about the wind. So far in January, we've had 11 days with winds over 30 mph, 4 days with winds over 20 mph, and absolutely zero days without any wind at all. I thought it was March that was supposed to have all the wind. This makes me a little apprehensive about March. I am thinking I better tell the goatmother to batten down the Peanuts.

To be sure I've had my fill of 'weather'. This has me dreaming about tropical isles, sunshine, sand and succulent jungle greenery. Thank goatness for the internet. I can go there and see lots and lots of pictures. That being said, guess what I found? Now you just won't believe this, but take a look here. Who knew someone would name a tropical bay after me? It is just too good to be true. Marigoat Bay. I am so flattered. I must have more adoring readers than I thought. At any rate, dreaming of my bay at least helps a little. I do wonder if they have Peanuts there.


No comments: