“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful

It's Thursday and goatboy!, am I ever cheerful this week!  Why?  Well, I have a clean barn, of course!  Even the Goatmother is cheerful about it.  Mostly because it is done, but that is beside the point.  Anyway, be sure to get yourself over to Planet Penny, here, so you can see why other people are cheerful this week.  You might even want to join in.  Who knows?

I do, however, have a few other reasons to be cheerful this week.
Reason No. 1 -

 
Help cleaning the barn.
Reason No. 2 -


This reason is most amazing!  In all my time here, we have never had a Christmas decoration.  Well, we did have one the very first year, but it didn't last.  There is a reason for that.  One simple word.  Ella.  Being a long-legged Alpine, Ella feels it is her bounden duty to inspect and remove any object she deems inspectable, and she has the reach to go with it.  I guess our first, and until now, only decoration was a little too inspectable and just a little too reachable.  Which leads me to ...

... Reason No. 3 -


This has NOT yet noticed the new decoration.  Let us hope it remains that way for the sake of all our Christmas cheer.

* Our thanks to Faith, whose cheerfulness about Christmas made the Goatmother feel guilty about we goats not having any Christmas cheer which, in turn,  resulted in our lovely decoration.  Thank you, Faith!  (Or should we say "Diolch yn fawr iawn"?)
You can check out Faith's blog here.  Happy week!

6 comments:

Snowcatcher said...

I've seen dog blogs, and I've seen cat blogs, but this was my first goat blog, and I have to say, I enjoyed it immensely! Might you be any relation to the mountain goats I so often see above treeline on Mount Evans from whom I'd love to gather shed hair to spin yarn?!? :)

Teresa said...

I am so jealous! We have not ever had any kind of holiday decoration except the silly things the human makes us wear so she can take pictures. I'm certainly going to maaaa to her about this.

Planet Penny said...

Well that's an extremely elegant decoration, but I bet it tastes delicious! I hope it lasts the Season!
Thanks for joining in Marigold, I love your little birdy companion.
x

Mrs. Micawber said...

My dear Marigold,

I really thought I was following your blog, but somehow I missed this most cheerful post. The bird is adorable and the goat-barn looks lovely. Long may your decoration last.

* said...

I am very impressed Marigold with your welsh, you are obviously a very cultured goat, unlike our silly welsh sheep which quite clearly don't have you level of intelligence. I do like your Christmas decoration and would quite happily help you guilt trip the goat mother into any other things you may feel you require.

* said...

Actually, looking at Ella she does look rather like some badger faced ewes we have and they are not blessed with intelligence.