“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Guess what?  I'm cheerful again this week!  Who knew?  Really, I have the Christmas spirit.  Which is more than I can say for some Alpines I know.  The good news is, however, and a really good reason to be cheerful,  is that the Christmas decoration still exists!!!!  The Grinch has not been able to reach it, and, shhhh ... , I think she may have actually given up trying.  More Christmas miracles.

Okay, so here is Reason 1 to be cheerful this week:


Someone no longer smells like a dog and came back with new teal and black striped ear feathers.  As you can see it was exhausting work.

Reason No. 2:


The Goatmother finished her Christmas shopping and got all the packages mailed.  The mini-me is ready for Christmas and so am I!

Reason 3 to be cheerful:


The jolly old elf will be here soon with a sack full of Peanuts slung on his back!  Just 10 days left to be good.  I hope I can manage.

Okay, now, don't forget to go over to Planet Penny, here, and check out what other people are cheerful about this week.  Trust me, it will do your heart good.

9 comments:

Millie said...

I can certainly see that you have some great reasons to be cheerful. I'm so jealous of the cute mini-you. I want a mini-me.

Planet Penny said...

Higgins has a needlefelt mini-me but he's not allowed to look at it cos of the teeth! I'm glad your decoration is still intact so your barn is still full of Christmas Spirit! Roll on Peanut Day xxx

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Spreading goatie cheer!

(except my jealousy knows no vounds over mini-you.......Fox want!)

;)

Have a lover-ly day filled with goatie cheer!
xo

Mrs. Micawber said...

The Goatmother is ahead of me in terms of Christmas readiness. However, a prolonged siege of crocheting and caramelcorn-making and Christmas carding this weekend should get us ready for shipping by Monday. (Then there will only be local gifts to complete.)

What an adorable mini-you!

Please tell the Goatmother thanks for the book recommendations. I had not heard of either the author or the series but will have to check them out.

May your Christmas be peanut-filled and merry.

Ginnie said...

Love that Mini-you.

* said...

A dog that doesn't smell like a dog is a very cheerful thing indeed...well that is along as it doesn't smell like something more unpleasant (fox poo is our dog's cologne of choice!) you mini-me is brilliant, the goat mother is very clever.

All very cheery reasons indeed!

denise f said...

Marigold! What book? what series? is the Gmother holdingout? I must now... *pretty please with peanuts on top*

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

And wondering HOW the GoatMother got you to stand on that stump, to take your Icon pic, Dear Marigold???? ,-)

Gentle Christmas hugs,

"Christmas won't be Christmas
without any presents."


~~Opening line of Louisa May Alcott's "Little Women"

Snowcatcher said...

Add me to the "Mini Me" admirers club! Wow! The Goatmother certainly is talented! How realistic!!!

Now I have something you need to see. You must read all the way to the end, and then you will understand. I immediately thought of you when I saw this.