“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Well, goat gracious!  Here it is Thursday again and time to link up to Planet Penny (here) for my Reasons To Be Cheerful this week.

So without further adieu:
Reason No. 1 -
 

This is the goofy goatdaughter (in Pocahontas pose).  We are ever so cheerful this week because the goatdaughter managed to find a new job and will no longer be stuck in the horrible one she has been working in!  Way to go goatdaughter!  We knew you could do it!!! 

Reason No. 2 -

Admittedly, we had to go back to summer for this one.  But let's face it, it is worth celebrating and makes one quite cheerful to look at it.  This is the Western Tanager we had in the Cherry tree this year.  Isn't he lovely?  It's the first time we've ever seen one.  Believe me, it was a whole lot more cheerful than looking at Ella.

Reason No. 3 -


The Goatmother's lighted Christmas house display!

Now, then, I do have one more Reason To Be Cheerful this week, and it is, in my estimation, the most important one.  Our beauteous barn decoration is still hanging!  Wonder of Christmas wonders!  And, it isn't even missing any more greenery!  Of course, someone's nose is a bit out of joint.  Oh well, she'll just have to pull up her big girl panties and deal.  "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." - Roy L. Smith.   Or under a Christmas decoration in a barn, for that matter.  Oy.   
Now, make it your b'idness and get ye on over to Planet Penny to see what others are cheerful about this week!

12 comments:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Reading your reasons to be cheerful made me cheerful!

Millie said...

I'm so glad your Christmas decoration is still hanging. I'm very jealous. I might have to butt the human and see if we can't get a decoration in our barn.

Mrs. Micawber said...

Congrats to the Goatdaughter!

What an exquisitely beautiful little bird. And what fine pictures you take. (How do you do it without opposable thumbs? Perhaps the Goatmother helps.)

Lovely Christmas decorations too.

P.S. to the Goatmother - my sugar bowl was bought at a farm auction on a visit to Wisconsin back in the 80s - although the bowl is clearly older than that. I bid on a box of mostly junk just to get it, because it had my favourite colours. It went back to California with us, and now it's back home in Wisconsin. The teapot is much more recent, being a Hallmark Marjolein Bastien production of the late 90s (and a gift from my sister).

Planet Penny said...

Well done to the Goatdaughter! and what a wonderful place she was Pocahontas-ing in! I've never even heard of that little bird, but isn't he a beauty? So colourful. And I'm really happy to hear about the decorations, yours and the Goatmother's. I'm still giggling about the big girl's panties!
Penny xx

jaz@octoberfarm said...

teddy sure does have more hair! she looks like a dandelion that is ready to be blown away. chows get thick undercoats in winter. chows also don't shed except for when the coat comes off in spring and then she drops it over a weeks time. some people spin it into yarn!

Ginnie said...

Good for the goatdaughter on her new job. So nice to get away from a horrible one. The scenery is also so gorgeous.

And Marigold, when I saw that you'd left a comment on my last post (about making napkins to go with my red placemats), the words to the song "Bill Grogan's goat" sprang to mind. But then you didn't mention wanting to eat them, so I quickly put those lyrics out of my head. :)

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i soooo want to learn how to flax and spin! i have a big bundle of wool and a drop spindle sitting here looking at me.

Marigold said...

Dear Jazzy Joyce,
We'll get Kelly to teach us to spin! :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Dear Marigold, Thank you much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. :-) And for liking my Holiday quote of the day.

Sorry your Goatmama "got her knickers in a twist", seeing all those delicious desserts on my blog. You can assure her, that I do not,not,not pitter-patter-into that decadent shop, very often. Too much temptation! ,-)

Happy for Goatdaughter!!! Yaaaaaaaa! And you have a lovely GoatGrand there!

Guess I should end with, "KEEP your cute nose out of the barn greenery"... -giggles-

"Heap the holly! /
Wreath the pine. /
Train the dainty Christmas vine---
Let the breadth of fir and bay /
Mingle on the festal day."

~~Helen Chase

goatgirl said...

Happy Holidays Marigold and family. Way to go goatdaughter!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the new job. Now you can fill the peanut barrel to overflowing. There have been jobs that I've had in the past that I was so very happy to leave. I really like the one I'm in right now. No boot for me. Just crutches and I can bear weight. No more hopping around. I have to get to blogging. I have been banned from going outside by Ted. Too much ice at this moment. He will beat me if I ask him to do one more thing. LOL. Not really but I'm not asking. I could just imagine if I asked him to take pictures too. LOL. Hope all is well. It sounds like ya'll are doing well. Much Love.

* said...

Fantastic news on the goat daughters new work, a very cheerful thing indeed! What a pretty bird, looks very exotic, our feeders are full again and I love to watch the birds all hopping about.

I love goat mothers lit-up houses, very cosy and christmassy what good news Ella is behaving and not eating your decorations. Our cows and calves are coming in tomorrow for the winter and I'm not sure they will have decorations.