“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Friday, March 28, 2008

It Ain't Necessarily *Snow*.

Okay. It *is* technically snow, but a goat can dream can't she? If you look below, you will see the 'comparison' picture for the previous shot depicting last year. Oy. This is the end of March, for goats' sake!!! As it is, all kinds of things are in disarray. Take, for example, the trees trying to bloom - not to mention the daffodils. Or how about the hummingbirds that arrived the day before it began to snow. They arrived looking for the feeder on the goatmother and goatfather's deck. It was put out, only to find it's contents frozen the next morning. Thank goodness the swallows are two weeks late and have enough sense to WAIT! I blame those Woolly Boogers for this. After all, I have to have someone to blame.

As you can see, however, neither sleet, nor snow, nor dead of morning can deter Mr. and Mrs. Duck from their appointed rounds. Here you see them waddling through the snow. Uphill. With no boots. Two-hundred feet to the feeders and buck naked! IN. THE. SNOW!

So, we can't get out to look for even frozen, succulent Spring grass. Just gotta' stay inside and be BORED. Well, the goatmother has promised to bring me the New York Times Crossword.

So, in the end (pardon the pun), we all just turn our backs and pretend there isn't any snow. Hopefully it will melt soon. In the mean time, what is a six letter word meaning 'Sacred Snack' that begins with 'P' and ends with a 'T'???

2 comments:

goatgirl said...

Thank you Marigold for reminding me to put out my hummingbird feeder. With all this snow, one can forget it is spring.

Kathryn and Ari said...

Oh, Marigold. For once in my life, I'm speechless: I truly don't know what to say except that I empathize in every possible sense of the word. Snow, Schmow. That's about all I can come up with--at least until I see some evidence that there might actually be a spring this year!!