“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Crochety Tale

The goatmother signed up for a crochet class. No, really. Crochet. I know, what an 'old-lady' thing to do, right? Well, I'm sure not going to be the one to tell her. At any rate, she learned to make, naturally, 'Granny' squares. Yes, the goatmother actually crocheted what you see below. She was SO proud of herself she was dancing all around holding it up and saying, 'Look what I did! Look what I did!' Oy. I guess it's all right, but it sure ain't no Peanut.

So, after she got home from the class, the goatmother sat down and crocheted up two of these. After all, when she goes back for the second class next week, she has to have enough made so she can learn how to actually put them together and MAKE something. (I'm hoping for a goat coat like my friend, Belle has. Do you think the colors will make me look fat???) Anyway, after crocheting two squares, duty called (in the form of loud baaaing noises coming from the barn. But then I wouldn't know anything about that...) The goatmother carefully put the yarn and hook away, along with the two precious squares, and set the whole she-bang up on the dresser. Only... Only what?, you ask. Well, it's like this. The face of innocence is sometimes not...innocent that is.

And so next week, when the goatmother returns to class, she will be taking what you see below and making use of that age-old adage...

Teacher, the dog ate my homework.

6 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

Marigold, I admit: there are times when I find myself playing the role of defender of the canine world to your anti-dog sentiment. But, in this case, I can't help but agree. Ari has not only eaten my meager little craft projects and my homework, but also the homework of many a poor student who trustingly submitted it to my care. I don't know what to say, except that your chances for a crocheted blanket look grim. Happily, spring should be along before too much longer.

goatgirl said...

I'm sorry but that is hilarious. My dog, Solomon, did the same with my knitting one day when left alone. The living room looked like string-board art. Not that you, Marigold, would know about that but I bet the goatmother remembers the '70's.

goatfarmer said...

Wendellized.

Marigold said...

Dear goatgirl,
The goatmother says to tell you, "Who me?????"

Dear goatfarmer,
Ah, yes. I remember the famous incident of the glasses.

Life With Dogs said...

Perfect post title!! :)

Danni said...

Oh, she did NOT!!! Cabra!! I can't believe it. Well, actually, I can, but I am feigning great shock at the fact that she could get into such trouble.
She's lucky you love her so much. :-)