“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday Words of Wisdom

My goodness!  Here it is Wednesday.  Again.  How does that keep happening?  Oh, well.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so I've been thinking about what I have to be thankful about.  Really there is quite a lot, I think.  It has been raining non-stop here, and last night, during yet another downpour, I was thinking how thankful I am that we have a nice warm barn with plenty of hay.  So many animals don't have anyone to love them.  I'm really a very lucky goat.

Of course, all the while I was thinking about this, Ella was pushing everyone around to get the best bits of hay for herself.  I can't really say I'm thankful for Ella.  On the other hand, when she gets into one of her picky snits, where she turns up her nose at the Peanuts, I have to say that I might have to reconsider.  For you see, when Ella gets into one of her picky snits, it makes the Goatmother mad, and the end result is that I get more.  You will not find me sticking my nose up at any Peanut, and the Goatmother really seems to appreciate my enthusiasm.  So I guess I'd have to say I am also very thankful for Ella's picky snits.

Now then, I am also quite thankful for Watson.  He has to be one of the very best crime collaborators a goat could ask for.  He is always willing to help in any way he can.  Besides, he isn't picky, and he isn't greedy like some Alpines I know.  I do wish, however, he could learn to master that annoying fainting thing.  Oh, well, everyone has their cross to bear, I suppose.  Myself, I am quite thankful I don't faint.

Ultimately, though,  the thing I am the very most thankful for is, well, Peanuts.  What?  You thought I was going to say the Goatmother?  Oy.  No.  It is the humble Peanut.  The Peanut, who grows in darkness with one thought only - to some day become the object of utmost adoration.  (Excluding, of course, from those subject to the picky snit.)  To be cherished and savored with gustatory delight.  To be honored above all other forms of ingestibles.  Who gives its life selflessly for the greater good of goatdom.  To ...

Marigold!  Stop.  Everyone knows you like Peanuts.  Get on with the Wednesday Words of Wisdom already.  Sheesh.

Well, goat grief.  I was coming to that.  Wednesday's Words of Wisdom?  They are this:  Be thankful for the small things in life, (That means be grateful for the one-to-a-shellers as well as the three-to-a-shellers.  Heck.  Be grateful for the shells!) because if you don't, you may just miss the best part. Happy Thanksgiving!  May you have no one suffering from the picky snit at your table this year.  Please pass the Peanuts.

3 comments:

Millie said...

I'm with you, Marigold. Thanks for peanuts!

Teresa said...

I hope you and your caprine and human family all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

I agree with you. We all have so much to be thankful for. Sometimes it just gets hidden with everyday life. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your whole barn! Doing great here, getting caught up in working, farm, and the foot of snow we got yesterday. Will be back in Blogdom soon. Take care and have a wonderful holiday.