“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Best Goat Toy EVER!

Today was the day to end all days! Today the goatmother and the goatfather (well, mostly the goatfather) built something in our pen. Mind you it is "supposed" to be a shed for the new fainting goat that is coming. This could cause me to begin to actually like that guy because this 'shed' is the ultimate in goat toys! It is beyond anything. It is superb! It is like having a one-stop-shopping, complete goat agility course. I just can't begin to tell you. It is open on both ends and flat, but ever-so-slightly angled on the top (to deflect the rain, of course...making it aerodynamically excellent in my estimation).

Naturally, Ella-the-hog was first on top and thought she would keep it all to herself. However, as you can see, I was photographically captured in mid-flight above, displaying undeniable proof of my superior athletic prowess. (I am sure my ears help dramatically.) And, you can see from the position of Boo's ears that she is getting the hay out of my way, while Ella looks around in complete surprise and awe of my ability.

Shortly after this shot was taken, Ella began her harrassment. You can see her head is already starting downward into the 'butt-her-usurping-self-outta'-here' position. Sharing is NOT on Ella's 'word-of-the-day' list
.

But at the end of the day, when all is said and done, you see who gets the Peanuts. A goat could get to like this.

3 comments:

goatfarmer said...

GO MARIGOLD GO! Sharing is for QUITTERS!

The Sweet Pea said...

Dear Marigold...
you are amazing....
I am impressed! Are
you giving up the stump
for these new digs? You
look pretty comfortable up
there on Watson's roof!
Now, what can we do to get
Boo up there?? I think she
might need a step stool, of sorts, like the Dirty Sisters ( the Ober twins ) .
Well, you have a great day on Watson's roof!!
The Sweet Pea.

Rena said...

Dear Marigold, From one "ole goat" to another, you are my kinda goat. Now this is the way a goat is supposed to be treated. Thand to your godfather's delightful ideas, my folks have been inspired to create some cool toys for us. Rena and Rena, plain ole, laid-back country mini goats.