“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Summer That Wouldn't Die

So here's the thing. This Tuesday it will be Fall, but it doesn't feel like Fall. Oh, no. We are so dry that we goats are 'spittin' cotton'. No, really. The grass is dying and the trees are turning brown. We had a smidgen of rain last night, but it wasn't enough. The goatmother is getting tired of slogging hoses around trying to keep everything from dying. This makes her crabby. Crabby means this: 'If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.' Oy.

I mean last year we had snow on the mountains by the end of September. Now,there isn't even any rain in the forecast through the end of the month! Oy, I say. Just plain Oy.

So I'm gonna' sit on my stump and meditate about this. Surely a little meditation will convince the Universe we need some rain to welcome autumn. After all, "There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley

'Word', Percy.

4 comments:

goatgirl said...

Hmmmm a goat wishing for rain. You must really love the goatmother.

Texan said...

uh oh I think we are getting your rain... it rained AGAIN last night! I am telling ya we are hoof deep around here! Sunshine we need sunshine!

Marigold said...

Dear Texan,
Okay, then we shall enter into negotiations. How many Peanuts will it take???

Danni said...

"If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." snort. So *very* true.

Big rains hit here last night and it's all I see in the extended forecast for at least the next 5 days. I'm not ready for fall, though, so I'll gladly wish all this wet stuff up there to you guys north of me. And I won't even demand any peanuts. :-)