“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, October 1, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Ah, yes. It is finally October - my favorite time of the year. You might remember that last year, about this time, I began a series of posts about 'spooky' things. Well, I see absolutely no reason to change tradition. This year, however , I would like to present something a bit divergent from the past. For this year, I would like to introduce you to my friend (who is about as divergent as they come). You see, folks, this is someone who has been with us for quite awhile. In fact, he has been living (or maybe not so much) with the goatmother for a number of years prior even to the appearance of we goats. Below is a picture of my friend.

Allow me to introduce to you, The Little Undead. You are, perhaps, wondering why he is pictured here amongst the Stinging Nettles. It is quite a long story, but suffice it to say that his personality is such that people (even goats) often become perturbed with his behavior, at which point he is promptly tossed (or butted) into the Nettles. It seems to help him gain a certain grasp on reality.

Anyway, some of you may realize that our farm is quite close to the town of Forks, featured in the book 'Twilight'. And, knowing that, you would, of course, also know that 'Twilight' is the story of a girl (Bella Swan) who falls hopelessly in love with a vampire (Edward Cullen). Not really my idea of true love (that would have to involve Peanuts), but you must understand that The Little Undead is more than a little taken with the book. As a matter of fact, the word 'obsessed' comes to mind...or would it be 'possessed'?

At any rate, my friend has decided to take a trip (Well, maybe 'pilgrimage' is a better word.) to none other than Forks.

"That's a really long way for such a short guy, Little Undead."

"I don't care. I can make it. I can mesmerize people into giving me rides if I get tired of the whole 'bat' thing."

"All-rightey then. Ahem."

"Okay, young green one. Go forth, then, to Forks. Seek the Holy Grail of Vampiredom. What is the Holy Grail of Vampiredom anyway??? Go forth, promoting 'Team Edward' unto all who deign to harken unto your words."

So I straightened his bow tie...

... gave him a kiss for luck, and sent him up the road. So stay tuned, my friends, for in the days to come we shall come to know just what The Little Undead encountered on his journey to the mecca.

5 comments:

goatfarmer said...

Marigold! GO WITH HIM!!! HE NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!!!

Lisa said...

Awww, that's the cutest little undead guy I have EVER seen. After he goes to find the vampires, you should send him here and I will take his picture in front of Stephen King's house for you! How cool would that be?

Smiles,
Lisa

Marigold said...

To the goatfarmer: He needs help all right.

To Lisa: Stephen King? Oy. That might be too scary for his little green self.

goatgirl said...

Team Jacob!

Marigold said...

Dear goatgirl, I must admit I am on the fence. We'll see how I feel when this trip is over. Cabra and Quinn, however, are with you.