“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Friday, February 11, 2022

How Fast They Grow ...


 Well, Mochi was 5 months old as of yesterday.  One would not think that a milestone and yet it was.  For you see, Mochi, that cute little fuzzball, sort of figured out he is a guy.  Yes, my friends, Mochi, hiked his leg.  I think the first time was an accident.  Kind of one of those knee-jerk reactions.  But he was so thrilled with this obvious display of manhood that he ran about hither and yon hiking his leg on anything he could find.  Of course when you are as short as that, even a large clump of grass will do.  And indeed it did.  First was a tree, then the large clump of grass ... and each time he lifted his leg so high he knocked himself over.  Ever the optimist, he kept trying.  "Never, never, never give up!"  Even if you don't really need to go!  So while I'm sorry to see him growing up, I am thrilled to see him gaining some sort of maturity.  Ah, change...


And you know what else?  The lamb lay down with the lion ... and there was peace in the valley. (*Disclaimer: peace was short lived, as peace often is.  Still it is a beginning.  I'll take it.)

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ― Lao Tzu 

I'm in.

4 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

I can't help but wonder if Lao is somehow related to Shih....

Congratulations Mochi on attaining an important new level of maturity!

Marigold said...

Dear Mrs. Micawber,
How observant you are! I had not thought of that. Perhaps there is a bit of philosophy in his genes. Hmmmm ...

Snowcatcher said...

I don't think I've giggled this hard in two years!!! Thank you for returning with your smile-generating prose!

Marigold said...

Dear Snowcatcher,
:)