“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Sunday, December 9, 2007

First Impressions

Well now, what is this??? Oh, yes, I remember this stuff. I think it happened last year. I shake my head. Those Woolly Boogers are awesome! We got snow. They said in Seattle that it was only supposed to be something called 'flurries'. That should have been a clue. Instead, I thought they were talking about winter coats. You see when they say in Seattle there is going to be 'weather', we do not get 'weather'. But when they say in Seattle there is not going to be 'weather', Katie, You Old Nanny Goat, Bar the Door! because we are going to get 'weather'. I have only this to say about that , "All Hail those Woolly Boogers!" The Woolly Boogers are definitely where it's at when it comes to 'weather'.

Now, I can't say the snow held any particular fascination for me. I've seen it before. Once is quite enough, thank you very much. Ella saw it, though, and began frolicking about in a ridiculously Ella-esque manner. Boo simply stood there looking perplexed. (In my opinion, Boo being faced with having to contemplate anything 'new' is likely to cause her brain to stall out just shy of overload.) But this was the first time Watson and Peanut had ever seen the white stuff.


Peanut, in typical laissez-faire mode, stopped, looked around and promptly stuck his nose into it. He then decided, 'I'm still really cute, even with snow on my nose!' Okay, well grudgingly I have to admit he has a point.

Watson, on the other hand, displayed a typically methodical approach. "Let's see. First we'll taste it. Tastes okay, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It is kind of cold, but at least it doesn't make me faint."

"Okay, then, let's butt it and see what happens."

"All rightey then. This is white cold stuff. I get it! ... I think."

Yes indeed, in my estimation one should always trust first impressions. After all, they form the basis for all future impressions don't they?

What's my impression of this snow? Hell-oo!? Freezing my goat cakes off here! Ay Carumba.

3 comments:

goatfarmer said...

That cute little Peanut, I hope his head doesn't swell. In fact, what a cute bunch.

The Sweet Pea said...

Where oh where is Ella??

Did the Goatmother run her over with the sled??? Watch Out Ella!!!

deconstructingVenus said...

My GOODNESS Marigold! You are GORGEOUS! I always knew you were a pretty girl, but I was just struck anew with your beauty. And Peanut...those black triangles around his eyes! He must get his looks from your side of the family.