“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Thursday, March 3, 2022

I'm A Big Kid Now!

You remember it, right?  That commercial a few years back for some brand of 'pull ups' where the child dons the diaper-like underpant product and sings 'I'm a big kid now!'?  Remember?  I sure do, but perhaps I date myself.  It was a commercial that portrayed a passage.  A passage from babyhood to youngpersonhood (there's a word for you).  A passage from complete dependence to semi-autonomy.  In short, one step forward in the growing up process.  Was that child's mother sad that her 'baby' wasn't a baby anymore?  Was she disheartened thinking 'where has he gone'?  Or was she just relieved on some level?

Mochi went to the groomer on Tuesday for his first hair cut.  Some part of me is glad he can now actually see me, not to mention the world, without having to peek through a tangled jungle. The other part of me, however, is just so sad that my little fuzzball is gone.  Oh, yes.  Hair grows.  Still, it will never be quite the same.   Kind of like that first time your son goes for a real haircut (one minus the bowl look) and comes back a freshly combed and slicked down 'young man'.

"A tie.  Really?  What was that groomer thinking?"


 "This is too humiliating.


"Harrumph.  Surely there is a bright side.  Surely!"


 "Oh, look!  I can actually get this thing in my mouth!  Who knew???"


 
" Hmm...  Doesn't taste too bad.  Now what can I do with this thing?"


 "Wheeeee!  I knew there was an upside!"


 
 

Never give a banana to a monkey.

No comments: