“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”― Eckhart Tolle

Friday, March 4, 2022

Ever Had One Of Those Days???

Last night, both goats were up near the house in the pasture.  Seeing that, I thought, 'Hmmm...., now might be a good time to introduce Mochi to the goats.'   So off I went down the driveway inviting both dogs to come along. 

All was copacetic until puppy man realized there were two large, never before seen, LIVE creatures in front of him.  Friends, it was a sight to behold.  Imagine, if you will, someone simultaneously scared out of their wits and yet so consumed by curiosity they can't resist going forward. You know, kind of like those horror movies where the person  just HAS to go down in that basement?  That was Mochi.  His back legs were furiously scrabbling to gain purchase and move him backward while his front legs were simultaneously trying to propel him forward.  Who knew that was even possible?  There were huffs and growls, and lots of flying gravel.  Finally, laughing, (I know.  I'm sorry, but it was funny.) I picked him up.  Of all the times not to have the camera with me.  

Yes, yesterday was quite a big day.  So you can imagine what idea popped into my head this morning when I looked out and saw both goats again near the driveway.  Ah, ha!  So I went back into the house and said to the Goatfather, 'Gee, both goats are up here again.  Why don't we grab the camera and see if Mochi has the same reaction?'

This is how it went:


"Oh, look!  It's one of those things again."

No reaction. Really? He was just curious.  I was so disappointed.  By this time both goats had gotten bored and wandered back to the barn lot.  So, me and my ever-churning mind thought, 'Hmmm.... Well, let's just take him up to the barn lot.'  Uh. Huh.


 
"Okay, is this where they went? I think this is where they went!"


 "Yep.  This is it!  I see them in there!"


 "I can't quite see ... if I could just get a little bit closer ..."


 " ... but this darned fence is in the way ..."


 "If I could just get my head in  ... "


 "There! I think I can ... "

Now the squares in field fencing, at least mine, are just 5"x6".  No problem, right? But at this point, all photographic event recording was cut short because all of a sudden not only was his head through, but somehow the entire body! My friends, have you ever seen an overweight woman of a certain age make it over a four and a half foot fence yelling 'Here,Goatfather! Take this camera!' in under ten seconds?  Because if you haven't, you would have seen it this morning.  It was one for the record books, I can tell you.  And as if that weren't enough, to make matters even worse, the game was on!  Catch me if you can, Goatmother!!!!  Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah!!!!

Thanks to the Goatfather's fortuitously having had 'special' treats in his pocket, I was finally able to capture the little miscreant before Peanut figured out he was within butting distance.  Whew!  

After that great sigh of relief, I had to get ready to go to the grocery store where I managed to drop an entire container of fresh blueberries all over the floor at the checkout. They went everywhere, even out into the main aisle.  A lady passing by looked down and said, 'If these were M&Ms everyone would be picking them up!'  There's always one.

So have you ever had one of those days?  I haven't yet noticed any physical signs of my foray into the world of Olympic hurdling.  Somehow, though, I think  tonight Ibuprofen and I may have a special relationship.

“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.

Okay, remind me of this tomorrow.

No comments: